MORE OF ME

Friday, January 27, 2012

(TV REVIEW) LOST

I have a real problem with jumping on the bandwagon. Always have. I don't follow trends and, usually, I will go to great lengths to avoid a popular trend...even if it is something I want to take part in. That was how I felt about the series LOST. I did not get involved with it from the beginning and figured that it was something that people had "oversold", so I made a point to avoid it. Recently, since the series ended in 2010 and all season were on DVD, I decided to borrow them all from a friend and watch them. It took my wife and I 2 months to watch 5 years of TV....and it was worth it.

Storyline: After a mysterious and bloody airplane crash, 48 survivors are left stranded on a Pacific Island... miles off course. It soon becomes apparent that they will not have to cope only with the forces of nature, but with the island's secrets, including the Dharma Initiative, the 'Lost Numbers', the "others" (or hostiles) and the strange black smoke- to name a few. There is also much more than meets the eye, as it becomes apparent that everyone is connected in some way and that everyone has a purpose to live on the island... and for some, to die.--- from IMDB

I will admit to this. I was WAY wrong. This show was not oversold in any way. It is one of the most unique shows that I have ever watched and I am so glad that I finally decided to check it out. I LOVE shows about destiny, purpose, and all things "other worldly"...and this shows has ALL OF IT. Honestly, this is one of the better shows that I have seen. People that know me, know that I am a bit of a snob when it comes to TV. Lost managed to work it's way into my top 5 favorite shows of all time. The other 4 are some SERIOUSLY heavy hitters. So this is not a small feat.

My only regret is that I waited so long to see it. That, and that by waiting this long to see it, I will never get that feeling of anticipation of waiting for a new season to air. Sure, we missed two months of out lives because of this show, but I would do it all again in a second!

I need to add this. Claire, by herself, is one of my least favorite characters in recent history. That being said, her and Charlie's relationship is one of the more beautiful things I have seen on a TV show. I will openly admit that during that final season, when they "remember" I was in tears. Loved it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment