MORE OF ME

Friday, March 23, 2012

(Movie Review) Tower Heist (2011)

It has been years since I have watched an Eddie Murphy movie and not immediately had the urge to vomit. So this movie was not something that I ever cared to watch. But a boring Friday night will make you do crazy things and renting this movie was proof of that.

Storyline: When a group of hard working guys find out they've fallen victim to a wealthy business man's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.- FROM IMDB

First I will give the bad news. This movie is completely unrealistic. The "caper" is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever watched unfold on a movie screen. Also, the only character that I LOVED in this movie was Mr. Fitzhugh (Broderick). Gabourey Sidibe lends her "talents" to this film as the most annoying character in the film. Not only that, but I beg someone to get this woman some help. Look at her. She looks like she is going to drop dead at any moment. Jennifer Hudson needs to talk her into joining Jenny Craig.

For the good news. I didn't HATE Murphy as much as I normally do. That is about it.

If you are looking for a completely mindless comedy that offers nothing really substantial, this might be a good movie for you. But if you are looking for something that is actually provides a good movie experience, please pass on this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment