MORE OF ME

Friday, May 25, 2012

(TV REVIEW) JERICHO (06-08)

I hate to jump on a bandwagon after a show has already gotten a great fan base, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of me getting to watch a great show. So, since I had heard so many good things from the rabid fan base that is the Jericho fan base...I had to check it out (even though the show has been off the air since 2008).

Storyline: When Jake Green returns to his Kansas small-town home Jericho, where his dad Johnston is mayor, everyone is preoccupied with petty private business and family matters, but that changes drastically after a completely unexpected explosion. It soon becomes clear there has been a nuclear attack, but neither by whom nor on which scale. Suddenly life in Jericho, and as the inhabitants gradually discover all over the disintegrating USA, becomes a more primordial struggle for survival, where dangers, primitive as well as technological, have to be weighed against pressing primal needs, such as food, fuel and self-defense against plunderers, invaders and even each-other. Jake, whose private story like that of other main characters slowly becomes disclosed to us, proves extremely resourceful and a smart hero, while his father's mayoral authority and even that of the only available medical professionals is soon challenged and undermined...FROM IMDB

Thoughts? I know that this show had a hard time finding an audience, but I can't really figure out why. It is a fun show with lots of twists and turns. Not only that, but has one of the sweetest love stories that I have seen on TV in a while (Stanley and Mimi). Overall, I think that the show deserves the 8.0 rating that it has on imdb.com and I am anxious to see if it does get picked up on Netflix as a regular series again (as it was mentioned earlier this year).

WATCH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment