MORE OF ME

Thursday, December 29, 2011

(Movie Review) How Do You Know

To continue with the love of Rudd, I will post this review of How Do You Know. Even though it has some of my least favorite actors in it. An overrated Nicholson and an always worthless Witherspoon make this movie as likable a Tabasco coated scope during a colonoscopy. To make matters worse, you add in Owen Wilson. How believable can you be, as a comedian, once you publicly fail at suicide. Really? At least Rudd is there. Good ole Rudd.

Plot:  Star softball player, Lisa (Witherspoon), has just been cut from the national team; Scholarly business man, George (Rudd), has just been indicted from his father's company. With everything that they know in their lives taken from them, Lisa and George attempt to find romance. Lisa's potential boyfriend, Matty (Wilson), however, is as clueless and perpetually single as they come, and George's girlfriend just dumped him. A chance hook-up through mutual friends, Lisa and George may be able to form a friendship, or more, that can help them climb out of the piles of lemons that life has handed to them. provided by IMDB.

Thoughts? Ugh. I feel like an old man bitching about his soup being too hot at a restaurant. I don't like to complain, but I'm so good at it that I feel like I have to do it. This movie is POINTLESS. I am no fan of Witherspoon. She has only turned in one solid performance in the past that I LOVED. Other than that, she is as overrated at the come. Between her, Owen Wilson's crooked nose, and Jack Nicholson sucking the life out of this movie, it is hard for me to say much about it that is positive. I will got back to the well and say that Rudd, as always, delivers a very likable character that is easy to relate to and funny. That is as positive as I can be with this review. Don't watch it unless you want to see Wilson fail at acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment