MORE OF ME

Friday, June 8, 2012

(MOVIE REVIEW) ALIEN: RESURRECTION (1997)

It has been AGES since I have watched an ALIEN movie,but since Prometheus is coming out this weekend I loaded my netflix queue up with all of them....but Netflix decided to send them out of order. I got the last one first and ended up watching Alien: Resurrection first.

Storyline: 200 years after her death, Ellen Ripley is revived as a powerful human/Alien hybrid clone who must continue her war against the Aliens. - IMDB.com

Now from the storyline you might say "human/alien/clone is a little wordy and sounds like this will suck.". You would kiiiinda be right. The movie is not the best of the franchise by any stretch. It has some pretty solid effects and turns out to be pretty watchable. Weaver is as magnificent as ever. So is it amazing? No. Is it a good way to waste a few hours? Absolutely. Plus, it is amazing to see so many "that guy played in ____ " in the movie. Seriously. It took me 45 minutes to realize that the guy playing Christie is the same guy that played Warrick on CSI.

One thing that I brought up, which a friend informed me that this has been hashed over in the past, is that some of the characters and the ship used in this movie look like a first draft from Joss Whedon (the writer for this movie) on his Firefly crew. Check it out and tell me I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment