MORE OF ME

Friday, February 3, 2012

(Movie Review) The Ides of March (2011)

Political movies are so "meh" to me. They are basically saying "Hey. Be prepared to hate every single person that you see in this film." They show the worst of the worst...even in the best of the best. That is always such a discouraging thing to me. To see that people, even when they start out to do something grand, can be consumed by their greed end up being as bad (or worse) than those that they initial set out to be better than.

Overview: An idealistic staffer for a newbie presidential candidate gets a crash course on dirty politics during his stint on the campaign trail. -from IMDB.com

This movie didn't really set me on fire. I mean, it was ok (good even), but I was expecting something so much bigger than what it delivered. They have a LOT going for them in this film. A wealth of talented actors that all, for the most part, play their characters perfectly. The problem is that sometimes good acting is not enough. If the movie is so slow that snails can outpace it...there isnt much that acting can do to save it.

I will say that my only complaint about an actor in this film is Evan Rachel Wood. She, as always, sucks. I have liked exactly one film of hers and that was Across the Universe. But she just looks gross to me and acts as if she is an understudy for Kristen Stewart.

Overall I think that you would probably like this movie just fine, but it's not something that I would break my neck to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment