MORE OF ME

Thursday, February 16, 2012

(Movie Review) Zookeeper (2011)

I wish that Kevin James' career would make up its mind. It can't choose between awesome projects like King of Queens/Hitch/Paul Blart or crap-tastic projects like Grown Ups/The Dilemma. I stay on the fence about him because his film choices seem so uneven. He is like Adam Sandler. When I like him, I LOVE him. When I don't like him, I HATE him.

Storyline: A group of zoo animals decide to break their code of silence in order to help their lovable zoo keeper find love -- without opting to leave his current job for something more illustrious. - from IMDB.com

This movie is a conundrum for me. If I had not gone into it expecting it to be the biggest pile of crap every made, I probably would have hated it. But since I went into it thinking that it would completely suck, I was actually surprised that I laughed at it. Was it good, no. Was it the worst movie James has ever made? No (that glorious title still belongs to The Dilemma). So, in the end, I giggled a few times and thought that it was a passable addition to the "talking animal" genre of films. If it is on tv (for free) check it out. I wouldn't waste money to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment