MORE OF ME

Monday, November 28, 2011

(DVD REVIEW) The Roommate

I HATE to watch a movie that makes me question people in this world. See, I like to live in a bubble. In my bubble I choose to think that people are good. Not just some time, or every once in a while, but all the time. That people do not do wrong by others. That is just the way that I am. This movie, however, kind of made me realize that I am very naive in that belief and that not all people are good. Some don't even realize what they are doing is wrong. I kind of hate this movie for making me see that.....oh, and I kind of hate it because it wasn't that good either.

Plot: Sara (Kelly) is excited. Why? Because she is about to start an important chapter in her life. College. She is ready to meet new people, grow as a person, and make new friends. One of those new friends is usually the new roommate. In this case, the roommate is Rebecca (Meester). Rebecca seems sweet and very eager to make friends with Sara, but when Rebecca starts to become a little too overbearing, Sara gets concerned. Those concerns are soon compounded with a string of incidents that Sara seems to be related to. Rebecca claims that it is all just coincidences, but when the walls of reality start to crumble around her, she may loose grip with it....and others may loose their lives.

Thoughts? Meh. It's not HORRIBLE, but it's not great either. The movie is a cookie cutter teen-slasher movie. The Roommate, Sorority Row and a bazillion others offer the same thing...creepy movie, a few "bump" scares, and most of the big stuff is guessed way before it happens. I say that if you have a BOGO at Redbox or can stream it free, then check it out. If you have to pay more than a dollar for it. Skip it.

Note:  I will say this. Leighton Meester does a great job of a scary and disturbed roommate, my only problem is that I wished that her character would have killed EVERYONE in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment