MORE OF ME

Monday, November 14, 2011

(DVD REVIEW) Boondock Saints

I know. Shame be heaped upon me! I have sinned. This movie, which I have wanted to watch forever, has sat on the shelves since 1999 and I have never watched it. I dont deserve the title of imaginary movie reviewer! But, since I have finally watched it, I would like to share my thoughts on it with you fine folks first.

Plot: When brothers, Connor (Flanery) and Murphy (Reedus), are caught in the middle of a turf war with local mob bosses and a bar owner (the mob wants the bar), they end up killing two of the mob soldiers. When the local police rule that this was in self defence, the brothers decide to stay at the jail to avoid unwanted media attention. In the middle of the night, when a local ministers sermon begins to weigh on the men, they both awaken with the notion that they have been chosen to serve as the hammers of God and to strike down the wicked. They are willing servants in this "holy crusade" but they soon realize that their is a lot more danger involved than they ever hoped for. With the FBI hot on their trail and a mafia berserker trying to take them down, they will find not only their faith...but also their backbones to be tested in their fight on corruption.

Thoughts? Awesome movie. Funny, full of action, full of blood, bullets everywhere, good chemistry with the stars. An all around awesome film.

No comments:

Post a Comment