MORE OF ME

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

(DVD REVIEW) CEDAR RAPIDS

Also got to see this one this past week. While I am not a huge fan of Ed Helms, I am a SUPER HUGE fan of John C. Reilly, so I gave it a go. This movie is a slow boil comedy. While there are comedic aspects in the first 1/3 of the movie, it doesn't really hit its stride until the 2/3 through.

The movie is about happy-go-lucky Tim Lippe (Helms). He is in a relationship with an older woman that was once his teacher. When tragedy strikes the insurance office Tim works at, he is made the new presenter at their annual insurance conference. Once he makes it to Cedar Rapids he is quickly introduced to a group of people that his boss has warned him to stay away from, one of which is Dean Ziegler (Reilly). When Lippe begins to open his eyes to the people that he has always trusted, opens his mind to new experiences, and opens his heart to his new friends he finds that he has a lot to learn about the real world.

This movie was funny. I liked it more than my wife did but I think that it is because I understand his world a little better. It was a fun fun movie. Reilly was great. Helms was fun. Anne Heche, who plays a flirty woman looking for a little something special from Helms. It is worth a rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment