MORE OF ME

Friday, October 5, 2012

(TV REVIEW) REVOLUTION (2012)


TV starts to heat up this fall with some great new shows and some returning favorites

Unfortunately I was out of town last weekend and didn’t get to review a movie, even though I really wanted to see Dredd 3D, so I figured that I would take the opportunity to talk about a new show that has the highest premier in the past three years (as well as my short list of shows to watch this fall). The show is called Revolution and was created by the very talented Eric Kripke.

Storyline: The world, as we know it, is dependent on electricity. Everything from airplanes to toys needs electricity to work. So what would happen if one day it all stopped working? As if by magic, one day the electricity all over the world just quits working and no one can seem to explain why. Some people seem to know more than they are letting on, but most people are left wondering what has happened. Over the next fifteen years the world is reduced to countless farms and small communities that have persevered and, in some cases, learned to thrive without the use of modern technology.

 In the wake of this new world, Sebastian Monroe (Lyons) has appointed himself President/ruler and uses his militia to impose fear on the small towns. When President Monroe sends a search party to retrieve a man named Ben Matheson (Guinee) a conflict erupts and Matheson is killed. The only choice now for the teenaged children of Matheson is for them to seek out their uncle Miles (Burke) and begin to search for answers to their many questions. But when this series of events begins to shed more light on the long unanswered questions of “what happened to the electricity” all of those involved find themselves in terrible danger.

Tune in? I say yes. I love Sci-Fi and love post-apocalyptic shows/movies, so I am going to stick with this show for a while. Sure, there are some negatives. It is a little too “squeaky clean” for a world that has been without modern conveniences for 15 years. People seem to always be in clean clothes with perfect hair, but the IDEA of the series is what I like so much. What would we do if the lights just went out? The series feels like equal parts LOST and The Hunger Games. Make sure to check it out.

Other series that are coming very soon are The Big Bang Theory (9/27 - CBS), Fringe-Final Season (9/28 –FOX), 666 Park Avenue (9/30 –ABC), Animation Domination (9/30 –FOX), Supernatural (10/3 –CW), Arrow (10/10 –CW) and The Walking Dead (10/14 -AMC). Be sure to check them out!

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing good stuff about this show. I think it's about time I check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should. It's a liiiiiiitle unrealistic ( a bunch of beautiful people who are well groomed and have great clothes) but is getting pretty exciting. I hope that it does well, as I think that they can do a LOT with the idea.

    PS. Thanks for the comment. I always like to talk to folks about tv. :)

    ReplyDelete