MORE OF ME

Thursday, April 12, 2012

(Movie Review) Immortals (2011)

If 300, Conan and Clash of the Titans had a little ripped, mean, and highly stylized baby...this would be it. The movie honestly feels like they took those three movies and smashed them together. That isn't really a bad thing, as they were all good action/testosterone flicks, but the movie really doesn't stand alone with its own identity. It feels like they took the wardrobe and actors from 300, the sword play from Conan, and mixed both of those stories with the Gods/Demigods from Clash. It's just so easy. Easy movies are never as rewarding as those that you have to "get". Anyway, I'm rambling.

Storyline: Theseus (Cavill) is a mortal man chosen by Zeus to lead the fight against the ruthless King Hyperion (Rourke), who is on a rampage across Greece to obtain a weapon that can destroy humanity. - IMDB.COM

Thoughts? Meh. The movie was great for a popcorn flick. Also, I was glad to see that the new Superman (Henry Cavill) can be such as bada**, as I think that was missing a LOT for the last Superman movie. Overall, I would say that you should check it out, but only if you are in the mood for some blood, guts and half naked men.

PS. Stephen Dorff is in this movie! I thought he was dead. Glad to see that he isn't homeless...yet.

2 comments:

  1. Although I received Immortals from Blockbuster @Home a few days ago, I didn’t watch it until today after I got out of work. While at work, one of my co-workers was raving about how good this movie is and that it’s great for anyone who likes watching the show, Spartacus, so I watched it as soon as I could. It was certainly entertaining and as you coined the perfect “popcorn flick.” Thanks for pointing out Henry Caville’s current roles.
    I’ve seen so many pictures of the new Superman and I never put two and two together, but now I’m actually excited for the new Superman to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a superman freak, always have been, so I am really really excited for the new movie. I think that HC is going to bring some much needed attitude to the role and I LOVE that we will finally get to see Superman really fight something! :)

    ReplyDelete