MORE OF ME

Friday, February 8, 2013

(Movie Review) Bullet to the Head (2013)


A Bullet to the Head would have been less painful that sitting through this movie.

There are some older action stars that can still “go”. My favorite has to be Bruce Willis, but I have always liked Sylvester Stallone too. It’s hard not to look at movies like Rocky, Rambo, and The Expendables and consider Stallone to be one of the baddest of bad asses, and even in this film he maintains his reputation of being the toughest guy in the room, but this movie is just something that doesn't measure up to his past work.

Storyline:  After watching their respective partners die, a New Orleans hitman and a Washington D.C. detective form an alliance in order to bring down their common enemy. – IMDB.com

Worth the admission? Not really. I’m all for a good dumbed down action flick, especially when the actors involved are at the top of their game, but this movie just disappointed me in a lot of ways. The good parts about it was that the action was GREAT. Lots or gun play, lots of head shots and an ax fight…you can’t get much better than that. And again, Stallone was the best thing about this movie. For 60+ years old he is in phenomenal shape and can still be a believable action star. But everyone else in the movie is kind of horrible. With the exception of Jason Momoa (as hired killed Keegan) and Sylvester Stallone (as James “Jimmy” Bonomo) the acting in this movie was really really bad. Even for an action film.

There was one shining moment in this movie. I did some background/extra work on this film and was actually visible in 3 different scenes. Granted, I was only in the background, and you would have to know where to look for me (except in the final scene I am clearly on the right hand side for about 30 seconds) but the fact that I was in the final cut made me very happy. So, because of that, I must recommend that you DO check the movie out at some point.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment