MORE OF ME

Friday, November 2, 2012

(Movie Review) Silent Hill 2 (2012)


Silent Hill: Revelation tops my list as the worst movie of 2012

It’s getting a little colder outside and one of the best things for me to combat the chilly weather is Hot Chocolate. I love a good cup when it starts getting cold out. There is something so simple and comforting about it. So one day, a few years back, I was in New York for work on one of the coldest days of the year and decided that a nice cup of coco would hit the spot just right. I placed my order, waited, and was finally given this overly complicated monstrosity of a drink. It didn’t even have a top on it because it was so full. It had whipped cream, sprinkles, some kind of glaze and was topped with a cherry. After digging through the mess for a while, trying to just get a sip of coco, I finally threw it away because it just wasn’t worth the hassle. I can’t think of a better comparison for this movie. It took something that was simple and unique with Silent Hill (2006) and destroyed it with a contrived story, bad acting and poor effects...and a cherry on top.

Storyline: What do you do when you can’t trust the world around you? That is a question that is plaguing Heather Mason (Clemens). Her vivid dreams of a place called Silent Hill and the horrific monsters that she sees when alone make her question everything about her life. When her father (Bean) is taken in the night, and a strange message is left that tells her to go back to Silent Hill, she embarks on a journey to save him. But when she arrives at the town she is quickly confronted with the truth of who she really is and how she is connected with the town of Silent Hill.

What is going on with “scary movies” this year? Between this and Paranormal Activity 4 I actually had pretty high hopes for a few good Halloween scares. They just keep getting it wrong this year, and this movie is the worst offender.

Worth the admission? I wouldn’t even recommend renting this from RedBox when it comes out. This movie is HORRIBLE. They couldn’t have gotten this movie more wrong. The first movie was actually really good (considering what I was expecting) and the story could have continued on from that very easily, but this movie takes a hard left turn and crashes into the trees. Don’t even get me started on the acting. Redwoods are less wooden than the acting in this movie. I, honestly, made jokes during the whole thing because I was so bored. And no, me talking in the theater didn’t offend the other three people that came out to watch this horrible movie on its opening night. Please skip it. I hear that Sinister is a solid scary movie, so I would recommend you get your Halloween frights from it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment