MORE OF ME

Friday, October 21, 2011

(DVD REVIEW) Nothing in the world can tame a Crazy Heart

Plot: Fizzling country music singer, Bad Blake, has seen too much of the road. He is a honky tonk playing alcoholic that has spent half his life on tour and spent more than half his life drunk. When a young lady interviews him, he falls in love...and so does she. But when his "outlaw" way get the better of him, and the reality of what and who he is becomes too real, the couple must figure out if the relationship can stand it...our if it even SHOULD.


Thoughts:
I really liked this movie. I'm a sucker for "country singer" films and this was a good one. Something about that lifestyle has always appealed to me. Being free, being on the road, going from one town to the next. It's inspiring to imagine anyone being that free, even when they are not free from their vices. Bridges is one of those actors that I have underestimated in the past. I shouldn't. I know. But I never think of him as one of the "greats" but I absolutely fell in love with his character in this movie and it was ALL because of the way he played the part. Very cool movie. Rent it if you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment