MORE OF ME

Saturday, September 10, 2011

(Movie Review) A Chihuahua has more teeth and bigger bite than Shark Night

It’s easy to be critical. I admit that. It’s easy to walk into a theater, look at a movie screen, and say “that doesn’t look real”. We all do it. That being said, I try to watch movies with this simple motto in mind, “If I don’t think that I could do it better, I shouldn’t complain”. It is with that motto in mind that I can say that this movie had the most unrealistic writing, acting, special effects, directing, and overall execution that I have seen in a long time. It was horrible…and I could have done it all better.
Plot: When the college school year comes to an end, a group of friends decide to head down to a lake house in the Louisiana gulf area. When an accident leaves one of the friends in serious trouble the rest of the group must find a way to get their friend to safety. Unfortunately they are without radio access and there is no cell signal. Their attempts at taking their friend to shore are revealed to be even greater when the group discovers that the lake (saltwater) is full of sharks. They must find a way to get help for their friend and to safely get back to shore without getting into the water. Lives will be lost, friendships will be tested, and predators much more dangerous than sharks are revealed.
Now that you know what the movie is about, I am obligated to tell you to NEVER watch this movie. Really. It is so stupid. I lost precious I.Q. points while suffering through this train wreck of bad acting, bad writing, bad plot and horrible special effects. To give you a true glimpse of how bad this movie is, I will give you a brief *SPOILER* for a scene. A one armed man gets into a fist fight with a shark. I know that sounds like a set up for a joke of some kind…but it’s not. A guy with one arm walks into the water and begins to fight with a hammerhead shark. Possibly the dumbest scene that has ever been recorded to film and released to a mass audience.
Worth the admission? It isn’t worth the price of popcorn, let alone the price of admission. I can name 15 shades of off-white paint that I would rather sit in a corner and watch as it dries than to sit through this horrible excuse for a movie. Please save your money and your valuable brain cells. DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.

Note: The only good thing was that I saw a few good previews before the movie started. The preview for  In Time was one that really stood out. This movie looks completely original and very interesting. Let me know if you plan to see it

No comments:

Post a Comment